The Urban Context has its role in defining the foci of your photographs. The subject and context constantly question each other in times , space, texture, etc.
Are you a very visual, visceral person when it comes to noticing these…are they spontaneous discoveries or do you seek them? Maybe think about them and conjure up scenarios? How do these seemingly disparate worlds find themselves either embracing each other or tearing each other apart?
From your few short essays on today's youth or great architectural pieces like the Taj Mahal, I can't help sensing a bit of criticality regarding this change ..this change between the past & present and of course a quite subliminal trepidation about the future state of society & culture."
Architect, Curator & Artist
on Vikram Bawa at the Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai, India. 2012
Vikram is a fashion photographer, film director and a photo artist based in Mumbai, India, known for pushing the thresholds of art and creativity with new techniques, styles, fashion films, cinema graphs, stop motion, CGI and much more.
Vikram brought 3D photography to India, way back in 1998, and created the first ever 3D covers for magazines like Elle and others in India and awarded the 2nd Prize at PMA, USA with his 3D work travelling 30 countries. Bringing many Firsts to the country.
Winner of more than 15 international awards.
Vikram has been included in the 200 Best Advertising Photographers in the world by Lurzer's Archive International.
Awarded the title of Most influential person in the business of photography in India by Asian Photography, beating the likes of Canon and more, and featuring in the list continuously many times.
Vikram has more than 300 published covers to his name.
His editorial work has appeared in editions of Elle, Femina, Filmfare, L’Officiel, Hello! Hi!Blitz, Marie Claire, Verve; Vogue and many others.
Vikram has worked with a client portfolio exceeding 500
The likes of Dove, ITC, L’Oréal, Reliance, Raymond’s, Coca Cola, The Taj Hotel Mumbai, Fair & Lovely, CEAT, Channel V, Falguni & Shane Peacock, Godrej, MTV, Reebok, Skoda India Auto Ltd., Sony Electronics, , TBZ, Leela Palace Goa, Marriott Hotels, Lake Chalet, Aiwa, Reebok, Maaza, Videocon, Zee TV, Federal Express, King Fisher Airlines, BBC Worldwide Media, Hello! India and many more.
Vikram has had his work featured with artists like Brinda Miller, Bruta, Pareish Maitey, Arzaan Khambatta, Akbar Padamsee, and many more, apart from solo shows at various Art venues.
Vikram is passionately pushing Photography as an Art form in India.
Vikram’s work has been showcased in the first comprehensive book of the best Indian Photographers, 2019.
Vikram has been amongst the select few photographers chosen to be part of the first book on fine art photography in India.
Vikram’s works, interviews and writings have been covered extensively in international and Indian magazines like the JJ School of Art magazine, various other periodicals, websites, online portals, blogs, etc.
Passion for various art forms has made him create music videos, fashion films, and socially relevant films.
Vikram introduced fashion films to India and is the first Indian to be nominated internationally for his fashion films.
Vikram has directed approximately 25 fashion films and short films.
Of note amongst them. ‘The long Show’ for designer Falguni & Shane Peacock, nominated at La Jolla Fashion Film Festival, USA
‘Changvei’ for designer Asa Kazingmei, included in the top 10 best fashion film by Vogue India
‘The Last Drop’ a film on water conservation showcased as part of an installation at Kala Ghoda festival under the aegis of BASF
‘Yahan Gandhi Bikta Hai’ A modern take on the relevance on Gandhi in modern times, showcased at Kala Ghoda Festival, a part of a DVD collection on the best shorts on Gandhi
Vikram ‘s film on Child Abuse has become part of a collective on South Asian Children’s Films
Vikram has published a highly appreciated quarterly Limited-Edition coffee table book Twisted Heads.
Conceived as a miniature magazine with an eccentric mix of photography, painting, sculpture, personal letters, notes, and poetry, inviting every form of creative art to be a part of it.
Vikram has created some of the most iconic photos with Bollywood celebrities Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Shilpa Shetty, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Abhishek Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Hrithik Roshan, Lara Dutta, and many more.
A spiritual being with an unceasing love for life and people, a creative thinker, a businessman, a writer, a traveller, a teacher, a TV show host, a self-confessed driving enthusiast and a technology junkie, Vikram is always living his passions, one day at a time.
SOME OF OUR BRAND ASSSOCIATIONS
• 2022, Masterclass for students of Lakme Academy Powered by Aptech – The cover Girl powered by Femina.
• 2022, Masterclass : A Fashion photographer for Her Circle.
• 2021 Influencer onboard to promote the One Plus NORD Phone
• 2021, Masterclass at India Film Project Season 11 : Storytelling through Portraits for Vivo X70 Pro.
• On the panel of Judges for the Nykaa Femina Beauty Awards 2020.
• Vikram and Hello! India come together to #SayHelloToPositivity during Lockdown 2020.
• 2019, invited as an influencer to launch the new Jaguar XE model
• 2018 Influencer onboard to promote the Jaguar XE
• Vikram has shot the iconic cover of ‘’The Immortals of Meluha’’ A best seller by author Amish.
• 2019 campaign photoshoot for ISL (Indian Soccer League) with icons of nation named respected Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, John Abraham and Ranbir Kapoor.
• 2019 advertising campaign photoshoot for Reliance Foundation with icon Nita Ambani.
• 2019, campaign photoshoot for Indian Hockey Team on behalf of the Government of Odisha, the team sponsors.
• 2018 movie campaign photoshoot for the superhit movie “Badhaai Ho”
• Conceptualised, photographed, and presented the Sony India Calendar, 2014 project, showcasing the Dusky Indian beauty emulating Draupadi, for who one of the bloodiest wars was fought.
• BBC Worldwide Media, Hello! India, CEAT, Coca Cola, Channel V, Dove, Falguni & Shane Peacock, Godrej, ITC, L’Oreal, MTV, Reebok, Skoda India Auto Ltd., Sony Electronics, Reliance, TBZ, Raymonds, Leela Palace Goa, Marriott Hotels, Maaza, The Taj Hotel, Fair & Lovely,
Federal Express, King Fisher Airlines. and many more as some of our clients.
• Creative Director, Still show design and judge for the Channel V Get Gorgeous 6 show.
• Co-host of Mad about Cars and Used Car show show on Zee Tv
• Articles and photoshoots presented on driving and travelling for the Top Gear magazine
• Columnist for the Mumbai Mirror Newspaper
• Columnist for the Top Gear magazine
• Co-host for various Car and Technology shows and events.
• Mid-day Makeovers – A gift of being reborn, restyled to public participants. A joint makeover exercise between Mid-Day newspaper, Queenie Singh and Vikram Bawa.
• Vikram, Masaba Gupta, Anita Dongre and NIFT come together to promote 'Shop for Change', an initiative to create a direct connect of Indian farm cotton to end users. 2010
• Vikram comes together with the Indian Railways for the Be Zinda campaign to promote safety.
• Worked on international fashion campaigns for Shane & Falguni Peacock, showcased in Milan, London, Dubai.
• Jury at Le Mark School of Art, 2023
• JuRY at The Photographic society of India (PSI), 2023
• Host at Kala Ghoda Art Festival - Architecture Photography talk, 2023
• Workshop at The Art Of India – AI The Next chapter in Photography, 2023
• Webinar at The Photographic society of India (PSI), 2021
• Guest Lecture at Symbiosis Centre for Media And Communication, 2021
• Guest Lecture at Parul University, 2021
• On the panel of Art and Photography at the Harvard College US-India Initiative for the youth, 2020.
• Webinar at NIFT collage, 2020
• Conversation with Ms. Shilpi Madan – Life of Photographer, 2020
• Lecture at Capturing Wow, 2020
• Guest Lecture at Shari Academy, 2020
• Lecture at NIFT collage, 2020
• Guest Lecture at Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2020 with Pearl Academy
• Guest Lecturer at ISDI college, 2019
• Lecture at Kala Ghoda Street Photography talk, 2018
• Guest lecturer at Wigan & Leigh College
• Guest lecturer at Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune University.
• Guest lecturer at Shari Academy of photography
• Lecture cum workshop at Various other colleges
• Judge at Mithibhai college
• Lecture cum Workshop for SONY India
• Technology partner for SONY Imaging, interacting directly with Japanese camera engineers to enhance their products.
• SONY India Influencer
• Lecture cum Workshop for Mazda Printing House
• Lecture cum Workshop for Avid Learning, Mumbai
• Mentor and inspirational speaker as an alumnus for the students of Greenlawn’s High School under the initiative of Times Education
ART EXHIBITIONS :
Solo and Group shows
• Vikram’s film ‘Stop Child Abuse’ showcased at TAO Art gallery, and it is part of South Asian Children’s Cinema Forum.
• A joint show on Nudity in the modern age in India, presented at AM Gallery, Brighton, UK showcasing Vikram works
• ‘The Other Side’ exhibition and video installation at ART & SOUL art gallery
• Joint exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery
• Artworks auctioned for charity by Saffron Art Gallery
• Joint Exhibition on Bollywood at CSMVS
• Lecture on acceptability of Nudity in ancient versus modern India at Kala Ghoda Art Festival.
• Various other solo and joint shows
Vikram’s art works are part of permanent and private collections:
• Priyasi Art Gallery
• Gallery Art and Soul, Mumbai, India
• Jindal Art Foundation
• Alfaz Miller Collection
Other Activities that Vikram is passionate about
A positive thinker, Vikram is always excited to help people achieve their best.
Mentoring and grooming individuals to better themselves mentally and socially.
Mentoring and grooming photography students.
Mentoring and grooming models.
Mentoring and grooming corporate and business personalities.
Driving and travelling enthusiast, passionate about restoring his VW Beetle project car
Part of many classic, vintage, sports car associations, always dabbling in speed and perfection.
Having been part of many social causes, Vikram is passionate about bringing about change in however small a possibility for bettering the human cause.
Passionate about the environment and mother earth.
Conversationalist and a disruptor leading to improvement on a spiritual and emotional level is what excites him the most.
Positivity and Business Life Coach
17th Black & White Spider Awards
- Nominee in Nude 1, A Beautiful Vision 02
- Nominee in Nude 2, Free 01
16th International Color Awards
- Nominee in Nude, The Body 1
- Nominee in Fine Art, Durga
14th International Color Awards
- Honorable mention in Fashion, Sixty's love 03
- Nominee in Nude, Bronz 05
- Nominee in Fashion, Sixty's love 01
11th Black & White Spider Awards
- Nominee in Nude, Rivers of freedom 04
- Nominee in Fine Art, Long Trip Home 08
10th Black & White Spider Awards
- Honorable mention in Nude, Window 2
- Nominee in Fashion, Indian Queen 1
- Nominee in Nude, Window 1
9th Black & White Spider Awards
- 1st place - outstanding achievement in Nude, Raw 01
- Nominee in Nude 1, Raw 03
- Nominee in Nude 2, Raw 05
- Nominee in Nude 3, Raw 06
9th International Color Awards
- Honorable mention in Fashion, Augustine
- Nominee in Fashion 1, Print 1
- Nominee in Fashion 2, Print 2
- Nominee in Fashion 3, Beauty 1
- Nominee in Fashion 4, Princess 2
- Nominee in Fashion 5, Lisa 2
- Nominee in Nude 1, RAW
- Nominee in Nude 2, Voyeur Series 3
- Nominee in Nude 3, Voyeur Series 3 02
7th International Color Awards
- Nominee in Advertising 1, Achilles Heel 02
- Nominee in Advertising 2, Achilles Heel 03
- Nominee in Advertising 3, Achilles Heel 04
- Nominee in Advertising 4, Achilles Heel 05
- Nominee in Advertising 5, Achilles Heel 07
6th Black & White Spider Awards
- Honorable mention in Advertising, taming the beat 01
- Nominee in Advertising, taming the beat 02
6th International Color Awards
- Nominee in Fashion, Bankok special 05
5th Black & White Spider Awards
- Nominee in Advertising, Skoda
4th International Color Awards
- 1st place - outstanding achievement in Nude, Freedom 02
- Nominee in Fashion, Dipty
- Nominee in Nude 1, Freedom 01
- Nominee in Nude 2, Freedom 03
- Nominee in Nude 3, Freedom 04
3rd International Color Awards
- Nominee in Abstract, Wind 03
- Nominee in Fashion 1, Red Effect 1
- Nominee in Fashion, Man in Skirt
2nd International Color Awards
- Nominee in Fashion, The Gold Coin
PX 3 in 2009 People’s choice
- Bronze in Advertising / Automotive
PX 3 in 2009 People’s choice
- Bronze in Photojournalism
- Honorable mention, Princess 2
- Honorable mention, Future headgear
- Honorable mention, Runway superhero
PX 3 in 2010 People’s choice
- 1st prize in Advertising / Fashion
PX 3 in 2010 People’s choice
- 1st prize in Category winner Advertising
PX 3 in 2010 People’s choice
- Bronze in Advertising / Automotive
PX 3 in 2012 People’s choice
- 2nd prize in Advertising / Fashion
- Honorable mention, Bankok special
Nominated for the 2009 Videocon Youth Icon Awards in the field of Art.
Leading hotels of the world award for the Leela Palace Goa hotel campaign– a first for any Indian hotel.
Silver Award for All India Federation of Master Printer’s 2001.